Please note these important reminders. All of the information can be located on our website:
1. Back to School Night- For 6th grade- Thursday, September 11 from 6:30pm-8:15pm. Please leave all children at home.
2. Back to School Night- For 7th and 8th grade- Thursday, September 18- 6:30-8:15pm. Please leave all children at home.
3. SEMS Book Fair- September 11-22. Open 7:15am daily and after school for 45 minutes. Also open during both Back to School Nights.
4. Dine Out- September 10 from 2-Close- TWO LOCATIONS (San Marcos theater and Bressi Ranch). You must have a flier. Please print one from the website and enjoy a night without cooking.
5. Athletics are back at SEMS. Please check the Athletic Department page for all of the information. Try-Outs are next week. ALL students need a physical before being allowed to try-out. Information on obtaining a physical as well as the Athletic Handbook that needs to be completed can be found on the Athletics page under Departments.
6. The ParentVUE used for checking grades and assignments will be open on September 12th. Please be looking for the activation code from your students next week. Please remember that the student id number is not to be shared, posted, etc. It is your child’s social security number for the school district.
Thank you for your attention to these events. Please continue to check the website for the most up-to-date information.
Good evening SEMS Families...
Here are some reminders for different groups of parents:
1. Tomorrow is a super cool treat for students who submit their ME2 Avatar and 12 emails of adult family and friends. Students who do this will receive a Kona Ice snow cone during their lunch time!!
2. Wednesday, September 17 at 6:30 PM is the Back to Band Night for parents of 6th grade band students. Please attend this meeting in our PAC and learn about the band program! Mr. McGhee and Ms. Kossler are excited to meet our new band parents!
3. Thursday, September 18th is Back to School Night for parents of 7th and 8th graders. Your students will be bringing home Back to School information for you and they have written their class schedule for you to follow. Back to School Night begins at 6:30 PM and parents must be seated in their child's period one classroom at that time. If your child has a 0 period, please be in that classroom by 6:15 PM. Parking will be difficult on this evening, so plan accordingly.
4. Fall sports night for all fall athletes and their parents is Tuesday, September 23 at 6:00pm in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). After a 20 minute presentation by the Athletic Coordinator, John Livingston, teams will break up into their respective sports to review sport specific procedures and expectations.
5. Friday, September 19 is Make-Up Picture Day for both students and staff. For students, please go to the PAC during their lunch. This is the second and last make-up day for all students.
6. We understand that this week’s weather will be hot. Our dynamic PE Department will adjust the activities of students based on anticipated weather, and they use their professional judgment on how they would want their child treated during different conditions. If you have any concerns, please contact your child’s PE teacher.
Thank you for your attention to these announcements,