Please note these important reminders. All of the information can be located on our website:
1. Back to School Night- For 6th grade- Thursday, September 11 from 6:30pm-8:15pm. Please leave all children at home.
2. Back to School Night- For 7th and 8th grade- Thursday, September 18- 6:30-8:15pm. Please leave all children at home.
3. SEMS Book Fair- September 11-22. Open 7:15am daily and after school for 45 minutes. Also open during both Back to School Nights.
4. Dine Out- September 10 from 2-Close- TWO LOCATIONS (San Marcos theater and Bressi Ranch). You must have a flier. Please print one from the website and enjoy a night without cooking.
5. Athletics are back at SEMS. Please check the Athletic Department page for all of the information. Try-Outs are next week. ALL students need a physical before being allowed to try-out. Information on obtaining a physical as well as the Athletic Handbook that needs to be completed can be found on the Athletics page under Departments.
6. The ParentVUE used for checking grades and assignments will be open on September 12th. Please be looking for the activation code from your students next week. Please remember that the student id number is not to be shared, posted, etc. It is your child’s social security number for the school district.
Thank you for your attention to these events. Please continue to check the website for the most up-to-date information.
Good evening SEMS Families...
Here are some reminders for different groups of parents:
1. Tomorrow is a super cool treat for students who submit their ME2 Avatar and 12 emails of adult family and friends. Students who do this will receive a Kona Ice snow cone during their lunch time!!
2. Wednesday, September 17 at 6:30 PM is the Back to Band Night for parents of 6th grade band students. Please attend this meeting in our PAC and learn about the band program! Mr. McGhee and Ms. Kossler are excited to meet our new band parents!
3. Thursday, September 18th is Back to School Night for parents of 7th and 8th graders. Your students will be bringing home Back to School information for you and they have written their class schedule for you to follow. Back to School Night begins at 6:30 PM and parents must be seated in their child's period one classroom at that time. If your child has a 0 period, please be in that classroom by 6:15 PM. Parking will be difficult on this evening, so plan accordingly.
4. Fall sports night for all fall athletes and their parents is Tuesday, September 23 at 6:00pm in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). After a 20 minute presentation by the Athletic Coordinator, John Livingston, teams will break up into their respective sports to review sport specific procedures and expectations.
5. Friday, September 19 is Make-Up Picture Day for both students and staff. For students, please go to the PAC during their lunch. This is the second and last make-up day for all students.
6. We understand that this week’s weather will be hot. Our dynamic PE Department will adjust the activities of students based on anticipated weather, and they use their professional judgment on how they would want their child treated during different conditions. If you have any concerns, please contact your child’s PE teacher.
Thank you for your attention to these announcements,
Dear San Elijo Families,
Here are some important reminders for this week and upcoming weeks:
1. The first minimum day of the year is this Thursday, September 25. Students will be dismissed at 12:02pm. The other minimum days for the year are 11/6/2014, 1/22/2015, 3/5/2015, and 6/10/2015.
2. We would like to invite you to the annual San Marcos Unified School District College Expo on Tuesday October 7th at San Marcos High School. We will have over 90 university representatives in the Knights Center from 6pm to 8pm. Starting at 5:45 we will also have an Opening Session in the Theatre. For more information please visit www.sanmarcoshigh.org or call the San Marcos High School College and Career Center at 760-290-2226. Thank you and we hope to see you there.
3. Magazine Fundraiser: Thursday, September 25th is another turn in day and fun activities will be taking place during lunches! Students who turn in Promise 3 tickets will receive a phone pass for the day. Students who turn in Promise 7 on their own or Promise 11 with a buddy get to participate in fun activities and have a chance to win prizes! Please support our fundraiser and help your students sell magazine subscriptions!
4. Attention, 7th and 8th grade students! Our CJSF Fall Membership Drive is here! Starting Tuesday, September 23, CJSF applications may be picked up from the bulletin board outside the Counseling Office. Completed applications are due to the Counseling Office NO LATER THAN Monday, October 6 at 3 p.m. Late Applications CANNOT be accepted. 7th and 8th grade Students: Complete the application yourself. NO Parent signature is needed. Carefully follow instructions on the application and submit your application only if you earned the required 8 or more “grade points”. All 7th and 8th grade CJSF and Honor Roll students may attend our Fall CJSF Field Trip. CJSF (California Junior Scholarship Federation) is a statewide Honor Society for students in grades 7 and 8 with above-average grades and personal responsibility skills. Fall membership is based on grades earned during second (or spring) semester, so use your June Report Card. 6th grade students will be eligible for Honor Roll—and our Field Trip—in Spring, once they earn their first Middle School grades.
5. Fall Sports Night for all students and parents who are on fall sports teams is tomorrow, Tuesday, September 23, in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) from 6:00-7:30pm. Our PTO will be with us to help collect donations and sell SEMS Spirit Wear.
6. A meeting for Science Olympiad will be tomorrow, Tuesday, September 23, in the library starting at 6:00pm.
Thank you for your attention to these events,