After-school Language Arts and Math Support Program
(Pupils Requiring Individualized Daily Education) is an after-school
academic support program, taught by SEMS teachers.
P.R.I.D.E. classes began Monday, October 13 and are ongoing
P.R.I.D.E. meets Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, period 8 (2:22 - 3:11 p.m.)
Students and parents must sign an application to enroll students in P.R.I.D.E.
Applications are available in the Counseling Office
Homework Club is a separate program that meets in the Library on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for one hour after school. Closed Friday.
Staff supervision; no teacher assistance available.Limited to 40 students per day.
- Academic test scores below proficient
- Academic grades of C or below
- Student recommended by his/her classroom teachers
P.R.I.D.E. is an intervention program to assist students with
Language Arts and/or Math skills
P.R.I.D.E. IS a class that meets Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday during
period 8 (2:22-3:11 pm)
- Classes sizes are limited to 12 - 20
- Students are given formal instruction
in either Language Arts or Math, then
practice the skills and/or complete homework
- Students do not receive homework from
- P.R.I.D.E. IS NOT a Homework Club
- Students may still have homework
assignments to complete at home after attending P.R.I.D.E.
- Homework Club meets in the Library for one hour after school on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Homework Club does not offer homework assistance; adult
supervision is provided
- Student is expected to
attend every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Student may not skip P.R.I.D.E. for any reason, including
not having homework
- Classroom and P.R.I.D.E. teachers will determine when your
student has mastered skills and may exit the program
- Student is expected to bring his/her backpack, binder, class
assignments, and reading book
- Student is expected to follow school and classroom rules during
Questions? Contact the Counseling Office at 760.290.2811